It is extremely important to read these contraindications before getting a service. Please be aware that spa services deeply exfoliate the skin.
- Women may experience extra sensitivity up to a week prior to the beginning of their menses.
- Moles, skin tags, sunburned, irritated or areas with open skin cannot be treated. We can, however, work around them.
- You must wait a minimum of seven (7) days after any exfoliating service (light chemical peel, microdermabrasion) before waxing or sugaring.
- Sugaring must not be performed if you have been in a tanning booth the same day.
- Sugaring must not be performed if you have had laser skin resurfacing within the past year.
- Sugaring must not be performed if you have had a physician administered peel within the past two (2) years.
It is important for you to understand that I cannot perform spa services if you have blood or skin disorders that would be aggravated by exfoliation or hair removal, if you are at an elevated risk for infection, or certain conditions that may cause you to be immunocompromised. If you have any questions about whether spa services are safe for you, please consult your doctor. It is your responsibility to follow medical directives and disclose potential contraindications prior to receiving your service. All clients receive services at their own risk.
After Care Instructions
Waiting periods after service
- 24 hours - stay clean, cool and friction free.
- 24 hours - keep the freshly treated area clean and free of bacteria from hands etc.
- 24 hours - refrain from activity that might get sweat/bacteria on the freshly sugared area. This includes working out, sexual activity, hot tubs, shared bathing/pools.
- 48 hours - no suntanning freshly treated area.
- 48 hours - return to regular exfoliation schedule on the treated area.